The Network of German companies doing business in Asia
Since its foundation in 1900, OAV has been working as a strong network of German companies with activities in the Asia-Pacific Region. OAV is a privately held non-profit organization financed by its corporate members. They include the most renowned companies from major industries and the banking sector, trading companies and a great number of small and medium-sized enterprises from all industries located all over Germany. High-ranking representatives of German business are active in the OAV board. OAV Chairman is Mr. Jürgen Fitschen, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Deutsche Bank AG.
OAV works on the promotion of bilateral economic relationships between Germany and the Asia-Pacific region. Through its corporate and institutional network, OAV supports German companies with their activities in the Asia-Pacific Region. OAV initiates the exchange of valuations on economic developments, practical experiences on doing business in the region and mutual support in case of challenges. As a founding sponsor of the Asia-Pacific Committee of German Business, OAV is strongly involved in the representation of the interests of German companies and in high-ranked politico-economic dialogues.
Besides its strong corporate network, the OAV cultivates close contacts with relevant institutions in Germany and the Asia-Pacific. Ministries and institutions of foreign trade promotion are partners as well as members of the diplomatic corps.
In questions of market entry and market expansion the OAV offers member companies comprehensive services such as individual consultancy on specific markets, tailored research, publications with current information on the economic situation in Asia, a broad events programme, and delegation trips aiming at building up and expanding the participants’ business contacts and research on specific inquiries.
Benefits for OAV member companies:
- Consultancy by our team of regional managers specializing on individual markets (eg on approaching new markets, preparation and implementation of investment projects.)
- A broad events' programme with seminars and conferences on topics related to business, politics and legal issues.
- Organization of delegation trips to Asian markets promoting political and business contacts
- Publications and information services with up-to-date information and background analysis on the Asian markets
- Database research on specific inquiries.
In Asia the OAV works closely with related institutions of German foreign trade. Personal contacts and intense co-operation with the experts on the spot ensure effective representation of interest for member companies.
- Chairman: Juergen Fitschen, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Deutsche Bank AG
- Executive Member of the Board: Timo Prekop