The OAV initiative "Asia-Pacific 2030" aims to broach the topic of current and future trends in the Asia-Pacific region that will have long-term effects on the economic and social development of the area. Various formats, such as round-table discussions or lectures, with high-profile experts from the Asia-Pacific region, Europe and the USA are designed to encourage and promote exchange on issues likely to be relevant to future development.
The initiative focuses on various topic areas such as the growing Asian middle class, raw materials and energy, digitisation, health and diet, as well as the social and political developments in the Asian countries. The events will focus on either theme or country-specific issues, depending on the speaker, to delve into the topic as deeply as possible and create value in the form of new information for participants.
- Opening event of the new "Asia-Pacific 2030" series of meetings; event by the OAV, 10.11.2015, in the premises of Robert Bosch GmbH in Gerlingen (Baden-Württemberg)
- "Asia-Pacific 2030: China Round-Table Discussion" under the direction of Matthias Claussen, chairman of the OAV China Committee, with Dr Margot Schüller, GIGA Institut für Asien-Studien, 4.3.2016, Hamburg
- "Asia-Pacific 2030: Strategic Dialogue on Digitization and IT" with Bernard Moon, Co-Founder & Partner, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Palo Alto, USA, 25.5.2016, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in Berlin
- "Asia-Pacific 2030: China Round-Table Discussion" under the direction of Hans-Georg Frey; event by the OAV with Michael Clauß, German ambassador to China, 31.8.2016, Berlin
- "Asia-Pacific 2030": Luncheon with the foreign minister of the People's Republic of Bangladesh, 6.10.2016, Hamburg
- "Asia-Pacific 2030": Round Table with former prime minister of Australia and president of the Asia Society Policy Institute, The Hon Kevin Rudd, 22.11.2016 in the Anglo-German Club, Hamburg