Information on the Coronavirus in the Philippines
Information for traveler16.03.2020
The National Capital Region (NCR) of the Philippines is under a community quarantine. Thus, the Philippine government has imposed strict measures to control the spread of the virus and published the following guidelines that are subject to change. Besides this, we encourage you to check the communications from Municipality and Barangay level.
- The Department of Health (DOH) issued a list of countries for triaging of travelers at different ports of entry according to those with high-risk of COVID-19 importation. Please refer to the list if your port of origin is part of it.
- For Aviation, all domestic flights in the NCR ceased operations. On international/commercial flights, special airport-to-airport trips arranged by the airlines in coordination with the airport authorities shall be allowed. In addition, general aviation flights are diverted to Sangley Airport and Clark Airport.
Please refer to the Department of Transportation (DOTr) guidelines for more information.
- All individuals passing through the NCR entry and exit points are subjected to checkpoints pursuant to the Department of Interior and Local Government as well as Philippine National Police procedures. Individuals must show proof of identification which contains their place of work and residence to justify their commute.
- Public transport is operating, for public utility vehicles (including taxis, buses, UV express, jeepneys and trains), social distancing must be conducted by the passenger, conductor, and driver.
- Passengers with 38 degrees centigrade and above, having severe coughing or breathing difficulties shall be refused entry.
- Motorbike taxis and grab share vehicles are suspended.
Please refer to the DOTr guidelines for more information.
- Philippine government encourages work places to continue operations in a flexible work arrangement, for example with home office or skeletal work force. For more details please refer to the Department of Labor and Employment Advisory and the Department of Trade and Industry Memorandum.
- The DOH strongly urges the public to minimize participation and event organizers to regulate or limit events. For more information, please refer to Public Advisory No. 15.
- If any work place has a COVID-19 person under investigation or confirmed case, the institution must follow the guidelines instructed by the DOH. Please see DOH guidelines for more information.
For German nationals:
- For more information please check the German Embassy website.
- Please sign up in the Elektronische Erfassung von Deutschen im Ausland to receive status updates from the Auswärtige Amt.
- For individuals flying in to Germany, please consult your selected airline before booking the flight.
Should you have any contact with a confirmed case individual and experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please contact a healthcare professional immediately. For foreign nationals with further questions or concerns, please contact your local embassy.