PwC's Growth Markets Centre - Webcast
20. Juni 2018, Webinar
2017 marked the 50th anniversary of ASEAN, a unique achievement considering the conflicts and poverty which characterised the region in the first half of the 20th century. Since its inception, ASEAN has not only doubled in membership, but has also successfully weathered both the Asian financial crisis of 1997 and the global economic crisis of 2008–2009, to become the sixth-largest economy globally. Along this remarkable growth journey, ASEAN has managed to balance economic growth with human development to lift millions of people out of poverty across the entire region.
However, a number of challenges, including a slowdown in short-term economic growth, weak workforce productivity, developing infrastructure and an over dependence on external trade, raise questions about the sustainability of ASEAN’s growth story.
PwC Growth Markets Centre's recent report, The Future of ASEAN – Time to Act presents a view of the policies ASEAN governments need to adopt to ensure their countries continue to mature, and a set of innovative strategies that companies from the automotive, financial services, consumer goods, medical devices, refined fuels, telecommunications and transportation sectors ought to develop and execute to achieve their regional growth ambitions.
To discuss this report, David Wijeratne (Growth Markets Centre Leader) will be hosting a 30 minute webcast focusing on the strategies companies should adopt to be positioned for success in ASEAN including Localisation, Digitalisation, Partnerships and alliances.
Date: Wednesday 20 June 2018 (EMEA and Americas time zones)
Duration: 30 minutes
Los Angeles - 7:00 am
Mexico City - 9:00 am
New York - 10:00 am
London - 3:00 pm
Frankfurt | Johannesburg - 4 pm
Moscow - 5:00 pm
Dubai - 6:00 pm
Singapore | Hong Kong | Shanghai - 10 pm
- Click on the webcast access URL: event.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp
- Complete the registration form and select "Submit."
- Close the webcast window and refer to your email from "Growth Markets Centre team" to access the webcast on the day/time of the event.
To Join the Live Webcast:
- Click on the following link to open the webcast registration page:
- If you have previously registered, input your email into the "Already Registered?" field in the upper right corner and click "Log In."
- If you have not previously registered, complete the registration form and select "Submit."
- The webcast will open and enable you to view the presentation on your desktop and hear audio through your pc/laptop speakers or headphones.
If you cannot access the webcast, you may listen to the audio portion only: US: (800) 260-0718 or Outside the US: +1 (651) 291-9113; Participant Access Code: 450471.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We look forward to your participation.