Since its founding in 1900, the OAV has operated as a business association with a lot of experience, commitment and the best contacts for its members.
As the largest German association for the promotion of German-Asian business relationships, more than 800 members are organized in the OAV. These include around 500 corporate members from all sectors across Germany, such as representatives of large industrial groups, medium-sized manufacturing companies, trading companies, banks, insurance companies and numerous service providers.
The common interest is the Asia-Pacific region: The OAV offers both experienced companies as well as newcomers to the Asian market the ideal platform for cross-industry exchange of experience and a comprehensive range of practical services.
• promotes the development of economic relations with the dynamically growing Asia-Pacific region
• competently supports German companies in their Asian endeavors
• provides its members with independent information and ratings on trends and potentials and
• offers know-how about industrialized countries, dynamically growing developing and emerging countries, but also about the less developed markets in the region
As a strong corporate network with good institutional links, the OAV works closely with
• ministries, authorities and embassies in Germany and the Asia-Pacific countries as well as with
• partner organizations of German foreign trade promotion
The OAV is one of the sponsoring associations of the Asia-Pacific Committee of German Business.