Foreign Direct Investment in Asia Seminar
06. September 2019, Frankfurt
The Financial Times of London has recently reported that the new Asian Century will begin next year. It is also said the future of Asia is the digital economy. What is the Asian Century? In a world of BREXIT, trade wars, de-globalization and disruptions of the new digital economy, Asia is fast rising with many abundant opportunities for foreign investors. Lawyers from key Asian jurisdictions will discuss the ‘Doing Business’ and foreign investment environment in their respective jurisdictions, covering for example:
- the correlation between trade wars and investments in shifting supply chains and factories;
- impact of the Belt And Road Initiative and mushrooming business and investment opportunities;
- disruptions and new opportunities of the digital economy for foreign investors;
- legal and regulatory framework and requirements for foreign businesses, state or governmental
agencies, laws governing entry and establishment of businesses, immigration requirements for
businesses, any restriction as to foreign ownership;
- ownership of landed property by foreigners, ability of foreign lawyers to advise, practice or
accompany their foreign clients and any particular programs or initiatives by the government to
encourage foreign investments;
To this will be added further information from other Asian jurisdictions that will focus primarily on mobility of lawyers as it relates to regulatory conditions for foreign lawyers and a session on Asian-European business relations.
Lawasia and the German Federal Bar (BRAK) are organising this seminar in cooperation with IHK Frankfurt am Main and the OAV as a supporting partner.
Please click here to register for the conference. Registration fee is 120 EURO.
Further information can be found in the Downloads section.