Smart Cities in China: Business Opportunities for German Companies in the Greater Bay Area
09. April 2021, Online
The Greater Bay Area (GBA) is an important national economic development strategy for China which aims at integrating 9 cities and 2 special administrative regions into a major economic hub. GBA is the largest and most populated urban area and among the five largest bay areas in the world. According to experts, the area has the potential to grow into one of the world’s leading smart city clusters and a Silicon Valley of Asia.
As one of China's most vibrant and important regions, GBA has the highest concentration of Fortune 500 companies in the country and hosts themajority of China's leading innovative tech firms such as Huawei, ZTE, DJI, and Tencent. Furthermore it has a rich ecosystem of start-ups, incubators, and accelerators in the fields of agile tech, biotech, medical tech, and innovation.
We cordially invite you to the next OAV Infrastructure Alliance session (AG Infrastruktur) on: “Smart Cities in China: Business Opportunities for German Companies in the Greater Bay Area” with the following speakers:
- Mr Chen Yuehua, Vice Director General, Guangdong Department of Commerce (GDDOC)
- Mr Markus Mildner, Senior Vice President Siemens AG & Head of Global Sales at Siemens Smart Infrastructure
- Mr Fu Yunping, Vice President, Bosch Building Technologies Greater China
- Ms Hai Ling, Head of Business Development Smart Infrastructure, Siemens China
- Mr Zhengliang Wu, CIO and Co-Founder, Green City Solutions
- Moderation: Ms Almut Rößner, Executive Member of the Board, German Asia-Pacific Business Association
Guiding questions during the session include: How does the GBA approach the modernisation of its cities? What are major challenges in the cities of the GBA? What are specific project plans and where are business opportunities for international companies? How can German companies get involved in smart city projects in the GBA?
The webinar will be held in English. Participation is free of charge but requires registration. Please register here. You will receive a confirmation of registration a few days before the event. We look forward to your active participation in an open discussion.
Please feel free to send us questions you would like to ask the speakers for a preselection.